Monday 17 January 2011

evaluation

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?





In my media product, i had a scene of running. This was influenced by the 'running scene' from Rocky. This shot had a great impact as it was a continual sequence going throughout the video, showing the runners reaching the top.

I also was inspired by the official 'Its My Time' video. Throughout the video there is cut away shots of different activities which are reaching the top. There is a scene of judges promoting a dancer and the boxer, these to shots relate back to my music video as I have judges promoting a singer and instead of a boxer I have a gymnist. The official video also has a crowd of people which I have in my music video aswell.



Another influence is from the music video 'Who am I- Nick Jonas.' This gave me the idea of the flipping cards. I used this technique in the video, this made it more attractive as it is something different and it showed different people with different ambitions. It lets the audience interact more and keeps them fascinated due to the flipping cardboards.




2. How effective is the combination of your main product (video) and ancillary texts (digipak and advertisement)?

My digipak links with the video as it has the same colour scheme. It has blue throughout the whole digipak and the atmosphere is night-time. The blue colour coordinates with the costume the singer is wearing. Also, stars and circle are seen during the video and the digipak has the same style.



3.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment