Monday 10 January 2011

Short-list of fonts, colours, layout and design ideas (planning)

Digipak

Throughout my digipak and advert, I will be using the same font. This is because, we was advised to keep it simple and by not having many different fonts the audience will not be confuse by it. Otherwise, they will think that there are two different artist.

List of fonts:






Colour:

The main colour I am going to use for my digipak and advert is blue, red and black.  The main reason being is that in my video, the artist is wearing black trouser and blue t-shirt. Also, the title of the album is 'Race Against Time' and I did not want to use the same colour for the artist's name and album therefore iI chose red as it goes perfectly well with blue.

Layout:

From the beginning, I was influenced by Scorcher work I researched and look at his mix tape cover and it gave me a few ideas how mine is going to be.





I am going to use the clock in one of the panel for my digipak. This is because I want to have the same theme as it will not confuse the audience and because it is about 'time'. As for the layout of where to put the artist name and title of album, I was also inspired by Scorcher's mixtapes covers. As you can see, the artist name and album cover is in bold and stands out from the background image.


Artist Name: Jason Murdock, stage name P-Major

Album Name: Race Against Time

Track listings:

1. Race Against Time
2. It's My Time
3. Image
4. 100%
5. Big Man Ting
6. Haters
7. Doing Me
8. Moving
9. Success
10. Racism

Number of Panels:

I have decided that I am going to make a four panels digipak. This is because, P-Major is an upcoming artist and you don't want to make things too complicated. Furthermore, his genre is grime and other grime artists such as Scorcher, Skepta and Wiley have used four-panels digipak for their mixtapes and albums.

Contents of each panels:
  • Front Cover - Artist name, Album title and Image of the artist.
  • Back Cover - Track listings, Record Label, Barcode, Artist's Website, Copy Right information.
  • Inside Left Cover - Image of artist, thank you's.
  • Inside Right Cover - Background image, CD (including Artist and Album's Name on it)

Advert

  • I will be using the same font, colour and image from my digipak to make my advert.
  • It will include reviews from tabloid newspaper and magazine.
  • Release Date.


No comments:

Post a Comment